Be like Bobby Boucher from The Waterboy and drink your water!
|Coach Klein:||Gatorade not only quenches your thirst better, it tastes better too, idiot.|
|Bobby Boucher:||No. You people drinkin the wrong water.|
|Coach Klein:||[singing] Water sucks, it really, really sucks. Water sucks.|
Water doesn’t really suck and the health benefits it provides are excellent for your body. Here are a few benefits to drinking water and some quick tips to increase your daily consumption.
Benefits of H2O:
- Water helps moisturize your skin, especially in the winter. Dehydration can occur to cause your skin to look dry and become flaky. Your skin is already part water but making sure you are properly hydrated will help even more.
- Water helps your body;s overall performance, especially if you are active. Through sweat, you lose water content therefore it is important to replenish it throughout the day.
- Water can also help you lose weight, not by any scientific reasoning but because if you replace your soda or coffee consumption with water, you will decrease your calorie intake. Water also helps you feel full.
Drink up – Tips for increasing your water intake:
- Purchase a reusable water bottle so that you can refill it and carry it with you wherever you go. The brands I love are Camelbak and Nalgene
- If plain water just doesn’t do it for you, purchase an all natural sparkling water like La Croix or Dasani. Be sure to find a brand and flavor that only has water and natural ingredients on the label.
- Set a goal to drink a gallon of water a day and make it a fun challenge with your friends.