Tis the season to combine the ever delicious chocolate and mint! In my eyes, bark is a holiday treat that comes around annually so I thought I would try a healthy twist on this festive dessert. Here is my recipe, let me know if you try it out and what you think!
Paleo Chocolate Peppermint Bark
3/4 cup melted coconut oil
1 cup cocoa powder
3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
2 drops of peppermint oil ( you could use extract but I use the real stuff)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
dash of salt
1 crushed candy cane
- Melt the coconut oil in a microwave safe container or on the stove – I don’t like extra dishes so I used the microwave option.
- Add coco powder to dish and mix.
- Add maple syrup, vanilla, peppermint and dash of salt and stir again.
- Place wax paper on dish. The texture should be a liquid and easy to spread on a baking sheet or plate.
- Add the melted bark to the wax paper covered dish you are using.
- Break the candy cane with a hammer inside a plastic bag and sprinkle on top of bark.
- Place dish in the freezer for 1 hour.
- Break apart with your hands, eat and ENJOY!